Friday, May 9, 2014

Musings about My Mother

A Real Queen~Queen of the Everyday

You were the Queen of the everyday
Not a musician, a  Hollywood star
An author, CEO or president of company

You were queen of what mattered most.  You cared  - for your children, grandchildren and people.

You were the Queen of everyday. You just did your everyday well!  The same everyday most of us complain about.

*********************************************************************************
Queen Regnant

She was a queen in her own right
She stayed the course, she fought a good fight.
She finished the race and passed the torch.

No more pain, no more crying.
No more tears, no more striving.
On to see her sweet savior she went.
I trust that one day we will meet again!

*********************************************************************************

Still Loving~Always Remembering ~ Forever Grateful

You knew how to slow down and enjoy the most important things ~ your children, your grandchildren, people, flowers and  nature. You were a protector, nurture, encourager and more.

We sat at your feet and learned so much - more than we even realized.  More than any classroom.  You were our queen.  Your skin had such a  sweet smell and felt like cotton.  You were beautiful inside and out.  You loved people and it didn't take long for people to fall in love with you .

When I was younger I always prayed and asked that he would allow me to mature (in Him) some because if He took you then I felt I couldn't go on. I remember when you asked me to go to the funeral home years and years before you departed.  You were making arrangements then, but I didn't want to accept it.  I just wanted to say no an run away or faint - whichever I could do first and easiest.  I wanted a greater understanding of what it meant to depart this life.  He granted my request.  He knew just the right time.

Dedicated to my Mother - Why I'm thankful

I fed you your last meal
I was able to feel your soft touch
You were surrounded by family when you made your journey HOME

I was able to whisper" thank you" and  "I love you" one last time.

I was able to caress your hair and kiss your soft, tender face.
You were at peace.

You left a beautiful legacy. You taught us how to persevere and persist.
You never let us quit.  You always wanted the best for us.

Death has no sting, the grave has no victory! (I Corinthians 15:55)



1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have known her! Beautiful! Keep writing, friend!
    Love,
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete